When we install Oracle Collabsuite 10g, we can administer all the services using oracle user (user who has installed Oracle Collabsuite 10g) except one service, which is LISTENER_ES.
LISTENER_ES is a apps side listener which is mainly responsible for bringing up SMTP and IMAP ports. All the ports for apps tier are defined in ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora file present on apps side.
We always have to start LISTENER_ES as a root user and we cannot by default start this using oracle user. However, there is a way to enable start/stop using oracle user. This post explains the same.
Follow below steps to enable oracle to start/stop LISTENER_ES
- Login to OCS host as root user
- Go to apps tier and Source the environment using .env file
- Stop the LISTENER_ES as root user using following command
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/tnslsnr LISTENER_ES stop &
- As a root user run the below commands
chown root tnslsnr
chmod 6751 tnslsnr
- Exit and login to OCS host as OH owner, source the instance on apps side using.env file and Start/stop the listener
lsnrctl start LISTENER_ES
lsnrctl stop LISTENER_ES
Hope this helps !!
Metalink Note ID: 205298.1