This simple post is to make you aware of the procedure for changing various passwords in Oracle Collabsuite 10g. I am having a project on Oracle Collabsuite 10g and I faced few issues in password management. So I though of putting the same in an organized way so that one can follow the same process.
There are few super user accounts present in Oracle Collabsuite which is used by administrator. Following is the list of accounts.
- ias_admin – used for logging into Oracle Collabsuite Server console (both on infra tier and apps tier)
- orcladmin super user for OID (Oracle Internet Directory)
- orcladmin super user for SSO (Single Sign On)
- Sys, System database users
Out of the above list of users, sys and system users are database users and I am sure you are well aware of the fact about changing passwords for these users. I will explain about changing passwords for other users.
Changing ias_admin password
We can use command line tool or server console for changing ias_admin password.
In user command line tool you can use emctl as given below.
-bash-3.00$ which emctl
emctl set password <old ias_admin password> <new ias_admin password>
[ocs10g@ap6059rt bin]$ emctl set password welcome1 ocs10g
Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Application Server Control Release 10.1.2.0.2
Copyright (c) 1996, 2005 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
Changed the password on apps side and was able to login as ias_admin using ocs10g password for link http://ap6059rt.us.oracle.com:1810/emd/console
However password for ias_admin on infra is still welcome1. Confirmed.
Before doing the password change, source the environment which means setting following parameters
If you are setting ORACLE_HOME to apps side then emctl command shown above will change the password only on apps side. For infra tier you have to source the .env file on infra side or set ORACLE_HOME to point to infra tier. Once done you need to run emctl command again to change ias_admin password, but this time on infra side.
You can change the password using collabsuite server console using following steps
1) Go to apps side server console http://ap6059rt.us.oracle.com:1810/emd/console
2) Click on preferences and place old password and new password.
3) Click on OK. Password will get changed
Repeat same thing for infra URL http://ap6059rt.us.oracle.com:1156/emd/console
For more details check : Metalink Note ID: 220622.1
Changing password for orcladmin Super user for OID
- Source the env on infra side
- Run oidadmin
- Connect using orcladmin
- click on orcladmin@<hostname>:<port>
- Click on System password tab
- Enter new password (ocs10g) for orcladmin and click on Apply at the bottom
Changing password for orcladmin super user for SSO
- Login to OIDDAS self-service application using orcladmin user
- Go to Directory tab
- Search for orcladmin
- Click on Edit button
- Enter password in password field and Confirm Password field
- Click submit
You can also change this orcladmin password using oidadmin tool. You can navigate using following
- login to oidadmin as orcladmin (super user for OID)
- Go to “Entry Management” -> “dc=com” -> “dc=oracle” -> “dc=us” -> “dc=ap6019fems” -> “cn=Users”
- (The above navigation is specific to my instance, in you installation the namespace may be different)
- Click on “cn=orcladmin”
- On right hand side it will show all the attributes for this user. Scroll down to bottom and you will see a field called userpassword
- Change the password here and then click on Apply.
Note that this orcladmin password is different then orcladmin super user for OID.
Hope this helps !!